Development of innovative therapy for cancer; adoptive immunotherapy (Co-PI)
My research focuses on splenic hematopoiesis and cellular immunotherapy against cancers. We are studying the heterogeneity of antigen presenting cells in the spleen, particularly, the distinct types of dendritic cells (DC). The microenvironment that supports the development of DC has also been investigated. The current projects run by graduate students have been involved in the generation of multi-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) and Vγ9Vδ2 T lymphocytes against neuroblastoma. We are also interested in the subpopulation of γδ T lymphocytes that play a crucial role in immune response against tumors.
The photograph demonstrates the localization of tumor-associated antigens (TAA) in neuroblastoma cell line.
Pornprapa Srimorkun, PhD student
Wasupol Pakamas, MSc student
- Papathanasiou P, Petvises S, Hey YY, Perkins AC, O’Neill HC. Impact of the c-MybE308G mutation on mouse myelopoiesis and dendritic cell development. Plos One. 2017; 12(4): e0176345.
- Srimorkun P, Tawinkarn K, Petvises S. Roles of human Vγ9Vδ2 T lymphocytes in anti-tumour immunity. J Med Tech Assoc Thailand. 2016; 44(3): 5759-5771.
- Petvises S, Talaulikar D, O’Neill HC. Delineation of a novel dendritic-like subset in human spleen. Cell Mol Immunol. 2016; 13(4):443-50.
- Petvises S, O’neill HC. Characterisation of dendritic cells arising from progenitors endogenous to murine spleen. PLoS One. 2014; 14;9 (2):e88311.
- Petvises S, O’neill HC. Distinct progenitor origin distinguishes a lineage of dendritic-like cells in spleen. Front Immunol. 2014; 4:501.
- Periasmay P, Petvises S, O’Neill HC. Development of two distinct dendritic-like APC in the context of splenic stroma. Frontier Immunol. 2013; 4:73.
- O’Neill HC, Griffiths KL, Periasamy P, Hinton RA, Hey YY, Petvises S, Tan JK. Spleen as a site for hematopoiesis of distinct antigen presenting cell type. Stem Cells Int. 2011; 954275.
- Petvises S, O’Neill HC. Hematopoiesis leading to a diversity of dendritic antigen presenting cell types. Immunol Cell Biol. 2012; 90(4):372-8.
- Hinton R, Petvises S, O’Neill H. Myelopoiesis related to perinatal spleen. Immunol Cell Biol. 2011; 89(6):689-95.
- Arpornsuwan T, Petvises S, Thim-uam A, Boondech A, Roytrakul R. Effects of Carthamus tinctorius solvent extracts on anti-proliferation of human colon cancer (SW 620 cell line) via apoptosis and the growth promotion of lymphocytes. Songklanakarin J Sci Technol. 2012; 34(1):45-51.
- Petvises S, Pakakasama S, Wongkajornsilp A, Sirireung S, Panthangkool W, Hongeng S. Ex Vivo generation of cytokine induced killer cells (CD3+CD56+) form post stem cell transplant pediatric patients against autologous EBV-transformed lymphoblastoid cell lines. Pediatr Transplant. 2007; 11(5):511-7.
- Jootar S, Pornprasertsud N, Petvises S, Rerkamnuaychoke B, Disthabanchong S, Pakakasama S, Ungkanont A, Hongeng S. Bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells from chronic myeloid leukemia t(9;22) patients are devoid of Philadelphia chromosome and support cord blood stem cell expansion. Leuk Res. 2006; 30(12):1493-8.
- Vichchatorn P, Wongkajornsilp A, Petvises S, Tangpradabkul S, Pakakasama S, Hongeng S. Dendritic cells pulsed with total tumor RNA for activation NK-like T cells against glioblastoma multiforme. J Neurooncol. 2005; 75(2):111-8.
- Hongeng S, Petvises S, Worapongpaiboon S, Rerkamnuaychoke B, Pakakasama S, Jootar S. Generation of CD3+ CD56+ cytokine-induced killer cells and their in vitro cytotoxicity against pediatric cancer cells. Int J Hematol. 2003; 77(2):175-9.
- Hongeng S, Petvises S, Rerkamnuaychoke B, Worapongpaiboon S, Tardtong P, Apibal S, Ungkanont A. Host origin of marrow mesenchymal stem cells following allogeneic cord-blood stem-cell transplantation. Int J Hematol. 2001; 74(2):235-6.