Associate Professor Dr.
- Screening, molecular cloning and characterization of novel antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) from many sources such as bacteria, plants, animals and mammals.
- Investigation of the biological activities, target identification and mechanism of action of AMPs.
- Study the structure-function relationship in AMPs.
- Design and modification of AMPs for drug development and functional food.
The emergence and dissemination of drug resistant pathogen including bacteria and parasite causing diseases has become a serious issue in the public health worldwide. Novel antibacterial agents are urgently needed to combat this problem. Recently, the use of novel antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) as replacement for currently used antibiotics is promising. AMPs are potent, broad spectrum antibiotics which demonstrate potential as novel therapeutic agents. They may also have the ability to enhance immunity by functioning as immunomodulators. Moreover, they are considered to be promising alternative to overcome the growing antibiotic resistance problems.
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad, Duangnate Pipatsatitpong and Natthaporn Klabthawee. Isolation, diversity and antimicrobial activity of endophytic bacteria from Piper retrofractum Maejo International Journal of Science and Technology 11(03), 200-210 (2017)
- Ratchanee Khuditthaloet, Poom Adisakwattana, Warunee Hanpithakphong, Ratchaneewan Aunpad. Anticancer activity of a synthetic peptide derived from Elaeis guineensis defensin (EgDef). Thai Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 41, 157-160 (2017)
- Siriporn Kaewklom, Jirayut Euanorasetr, Bungonsiri Intra, Watanalai Panbangred, Ratchaneewan Aunpad. Antimicrobial activities of novel peptides derived from defensin genes of Brassica hybrid cv Pule. International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics 22(1), 93-100 (2016)
- Duangnate Pipatsatitpong, Saowanee Leelayoova, Mathirut Mungthin, Ratchaneewan Aunpad, Tawee Naaglor, Ram Rangsin. Prevalence and Risk Factors for Blastocystis Infection Among Children and Caregivers in a Child Care Center, Bangkok, Thailand. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Jun 1. pii: 14-0492 (2015)
- Siriporn Kaewkom, Wasinee Chueakhalm, Surang Suthirawut and Ratchaneewan Aunpad. Development of a novel PCR assay to dfferentiate and identify Bacillus subtilis and closely related species isolated from Thai fermented foods. Food Biotechnology 28, 354–368 (2014)
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad and Duangnate Pipatsatitpong. Isolation and Characterization of a Bacteriocin with Anti-MRSA Activity from Bacillus Strain WASM9-25M. Thai Journal of Pharmacology 36(2), 19-28 (2014)
- Siriporn Kaewkom, Saovaluk Lumlert, Wassawan Kraikul and Ratchaneewan Aunpad. Control of Listeria monocytogenes on sliced bologna sausage using a novel bacteriocin, amysin, produced by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens isolated from Thai shrimp paste (Kapi). Food Control 32(2), 552-557 (2013)
- Siriporn Kaewklom, Seksun Samosornsuk, Duangnate Pipatsatitpong and Ratchaneewan Aunpad. Colicin type 7 produced by majority of Shigella sonnei isolated from Thai patients with diarrhoea. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology 44(3), 731-736 (2013)
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad and Siriporn Kaewklom. A novel bacteriocin with anti-MRSA activity produced by amyloliquefaciens strain WARY9-1M and its characterization. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology 7(4), 2591-2596 (2013)
- Boonprasert K, Ruengweerayut R, Aunpad R, Satarug S, Na-Bangchang K. Expression of metallothionein isolforms in peripheral blood leukocytes from Thai population residing in cadmium-contaminated areas. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 34(3), 935-40 (2012)
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad and Watanalai Panbangred. Evidence for Two Putative Holin-Like Peptides Encoding Genes of Bacillus pumilus Strain WAPB4. Current Microbiology 64, 343–348 (2012)
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad. A novel antimicrobial peptide with anti-MRSA and anti-VRE activity. Thai Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 35 (Suppl.) (2012)
- Siriporn Kaewklom and Ratchaneewan Aunpad. The characterization of a novel bacteriocin with anti-MRSA activity produced by Bacillus strain WARY9-1M. Thai Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 35 (Suppl), 85-88 (2012)
- Naphat Pacharapruethipakorn, Wanna Chaijaroenkul, Kesara Na-Bangchang, Arunporn Itharat and Ratchaneewan Aunpad. Screening Test of Traditional Medicinal Herbs for Its Bactericidal Activity. Journal of Health Research 26, S53-S57 (2012)
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad, Napat Sripotong, Keawta Khamlak, Siriwipa Inchidjuy, Panthip Rattanasinganchan and Duangnate Pipatsatitpong. Isolation and characterization of bacteriocin with anti-listeria and anti-MRSA activity produced by food and soil isolated bacteria. African Journal of Microbiological Research 5(29), 5297-5303 (2011)
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad and Kesara Na-Bangchang. The screening of bacteria with antimalarial activity, a novel alternative to drugs. Thai Journal of Pharmacology. 32(10): 94-98 (2010).
- Napat Sripotong, Keawta Khamlak, Siriwipa Inchidjuy, Parnthip Silkanchan and Ratchaneewan Aunpad. The screening of a novel bioactive peptide producing bacteria isolated from food and soil sample and its characterization. Thai Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 34 (Suppl.): 43 (2010)
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad. The characterization and exploitation of a peptide as a drug against drug resistant pathogen. Thai Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 34 (Suppl.): 44 (2010)
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad, Sangdao Somsri, Kesara Na-Bangchang, Rachanee Udomsangpetch, Mathirut Mungthin, Poom Adisakwattana, Wanna Chaijaroenkul. The effect of mimicking febrile temperature and drug stress on malarial development. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials 8:19 (2009)
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad and Kesara Na-Bangchang. Pumilicin 4, a novel bacteriocin with anti-MRSA and anti-VRE activity produced by newly isolated bacteria Bacillus pumilus strain WAPB4. Current Microbiology, 55(4), 308-313 (2007).
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad and Kesara Na-Bangchang. P2085 A novel antimicrobial peptide with anti-MRSA activity. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents Volume 29, Supplement 2, March 2007, Page S602.
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad, David W Rice, Svetalana Sedelnikova and Watanalai Panbangred. Biochemical characterisation of two forms of halo- and thermo-tolerant chitinase C of Salinivibrio costicola expressed in Escherichia coli. Annals of Microbiology, 57(2), 249-258 (2007).
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad, Kesara Na-Bangchang and Duangnate Pipatsatitpong. Bacteriocins with anti-MRSA activity produced by water and soil isolated bacteria. Annals of Microbiology, 57(1), 9-14 (2007).
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad. Novel drug resistant plasmid isolated from halophilic bacteria screened from salted area in Thailand. Journal of Medical Technology Association of Thailand., 34(3), 1721-1728 (2006).
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad and Watanalai Panbangred. Cloning and characterization of constitutively expressed chitinase C gene from marine bacterium Salinivibrio costicola strain 5SM-1. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering 96, 529-536 (2003).
- Ratchaneewan Aunpad, Stephen P. Muench, Patrick J. Baker, Svetalana Sedelnikova, Watanalai Panbangred, Noriyuki Doukyu, Rikizo Aono and David W. Rice. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies on the class II cholesterol oxidase from Burkholderia cepacia containing bound flavin. Acta Crystallogrphica D58, 2182-2183 (2002).