2011-2014 Characterization and detection of cytokines in immunological diseases supported by The National Research University Project of Thailand, Office of Higher Education Commission (Coinvestigator)
2012- 2014 Prevalence and effect of hepatitis virus infection on the severity of HIV infection and hepatotoxicity in HIV-infected Thai individuals receiving anti-retroviral therapy, supported by the fiscal year budget 2013-2014 of Thammasat University (Principle investigator)
2014 Effect of SDF-13’A polymorphism on HIV and hepatitis virus infection in Thais, supported by the Research Grant for Graduate Studies from the National Research Council of Thailand and from Thammasat University (Fiscal year 2014) (Research project advisor)
2015 Mechanisms of CXCR4/CXCR7/CXCL12 signaling in breast cancer cells in response to high-dose vitamin C, supported by Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Thammasat University (Principle investigator)
2016 Prevalence and risk factors of chronic liver disease, and relationship of CXCL9-11 plasma levels to the severity of liver disease in Thai HIV-infected patients on anti-retroviral therapy, supported by the Fiscal Year Budget 2016 of Thammasat University (Principle investigator)
2019 Study on immunogenetic risk factors for chronic liver disease in HIV-infected Thais, supported by the Fiscal Year Budget 2019 of Thammasat University (Principle investigator)
2019 Antibacterial activity of skin pathogens and cytotoxicity of Ecliptaprostrata Linn. and Dioscoreabulbifera Linn. extract and their chemical composition analyses by iquid chromatography tandem-mass spectrometry (LC MS/MS), supported by the Fiscal Year Budget 2019 of Maejo University (Coinvestigator)
- Immunobiology of cancer metastasis and invasion
- Molecular virology: virus-host interaction, immunology of liver disease in HIV infection
Chareeporn Akekawatchai, Marina Kochetkova, Jane Holland and Shaun R. McColl. Chemokine receptor signal transduction in metastatic and nonmetastatic cancer cells. In: Chemokine Receptors and Cancer. A. Fulton (Ed) Human press, a part of Springer science, 2009.
- Apikhun Tunkor, Khaimook Changri, Thitiilat Chiraunyanan, Warisara Sretapanya and Chareeporn Akekawatchai*. Association of CXCL10 G-201A/C-1596T polymorphisms with Hepatitis B and C infection in human immunodeficiency virus-infected Thais. J Med Tech Assoc Thailand 2018 Dec; 46 (3):6692-6706.
- Thitilat Chiraunyanan, Khaimook Changri, Warisara Sretapanya, Kornanong Yuenyongchaiwat and Chareeporn Akekawatchai*. CXCL12 G801A polymorphism is associated with significant liver fibrosis in HIV–infected Thais: a cross-sectional study. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2018 Oct 15. doi: 10.12932/AP-160917-0162.
- Nalin Wongkattiya, Chareeporn Akekawatchai, Panchana Sanuansermsri, Ian Hamilton Fraser, Chayanin Pratoomsoot and Donruedee Sanguansermsri. Cheminal compositions and biological properties of essential oils from Zanthoxylum Rhetasa (Roxb.) DC and Zanthoxylum Limoella Alston. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med 2018 15 (2): 12-18.
- Warisara Sretapanya, Thitilat Chiraunyanan, Duangnate Pipatsatitpong, Thippawan Chuenchitra and Chareeporn Akekawatchai*. Prevalence of hepatotoxicity and factors associated with transaminitis in HIV-infected Thais without hepatitis B and C coinfection. J Med Tech Assoc Thailand 2017 Dec; 45(3):6140-6156.
- Akekawatchai C*, Roytrakul S, Kittisenachai S, Isarankura-Na-Ayudhya S and Jitrapakdee S. Protein profiles associated with anoikis resistance of the metastatic MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016 March;17 (2):581-90.
- Akekawatchai C*, Sretapanya W, Pipatsatitpong D and Chuenchit T. Hepatitis B and C virus coinfection and risks for the transaminitis in HIV-infected Thais on Combined anti-retroviral therapy. Asian Biomedicine 2015 June 9; 3: 353-361
- Meizhi N, Klingler-Hoffmann M, Brazzatti J, Forbes B, Akekawatchai C, Hoffmann P, McColl SR. Comparative proteomic analysis implicates eEF2 as a novel target of PI3Kγ in the MDA-MB-231 metastatic breast cancer cell line. Proteome Sci. 2013 Jan 15; 11(1): 4: 5956-11-4.
- Holland JD, Kochetkova M, Akekawatchai C, Dottore M, Lopez A and McColl SR. Differential functional activation of chemokine receptor CXCR4 is mediated by G-proteins in breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2006 Apr 15; 66(8):4117-24.
- Akekawatchai C, Holland JD, Kochetkova M, Wallace JC and McColl SR. Transactivation of CXCR4 by the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1R) in human MDA-MB-231 breast cancer epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005 Dec 2; 280(48): 39701-8.
- Ubol S, Sukwattanapan C, Maneerat Y. Inducible nitric oxide synthase inhibition delays death of rabies virus–infected mice. J Med Microbiol. 2001; 50: 238-242.
- Ubol S, Sukwattanapan C, Utaisincharoen P. Rabies virus replication induced Bax-related, caspase dependent apoptosis in mouse neuroblastoma cell. Virus Research. 1998; 56: 207-215.